Monday, July 27, 2009

Website coming along nicely

Well since my first post on the subject I have be plugging away at the site, making minor adjustments here and huge overhauls there. The mission for the past 5 days has been my gallery of portfolio images. I wanted to integrate a flash gallery that I could create in Lightroom into my existing HTML page design. Easier said than done.

Well I knew my layout and where I wanted to put it, so I made a few adjustments to the PNG to create "space" for the gallery.. looking good.. export to .htm all good there to. Now's where I was entering the unknown. How to embed the flash gallery previously created in Lightroom. A little help from my friend Nykie and we had it.

But one problem.. the once white background my gallery was sitting in was now a large box of grey! Do you think I could find the code in anything to change the damn colour of that bloody background? Numerous forums, tutorials, questions, hair pulling, tears shed, computers thrown through windows later.. I finally found a piece of information in the Airtight Interactive website www.airtightinteractive.com pertaining to the code and integrating it into Dreamweaver, apparently its not a simple case of inserting the viewer into the document as that causes a "broken code" you actually have to copy and paste the code where you want the flash gallery to sit. AH HA!! a simple scan of the rest of the code and there it was the #hex number for the background a simple #ffffff later and it was white!!! So simple, yet its had me confounded for days!

Am so proud of myself :)

website

a few more tweeks and it should be ready.. now for the hard part, choosing which images are gong to go in there!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds