Sunday, July 5, 2009

In the Pursuit of Happiness

I watched this movie last night, it was such a touching movie, it left me feeling inspired.
The pursuit of happiness, along with the road of life, are the two ever destined to become entwined? I don't want for much, in general I'm mostly happy with what life has dealt me. Yet there are certain aspects of my life I would wish improved. Some I have control over and others control me. So I guess I look at the things I have control over for now and hope by some small miracle the rest follows.

So what can I control? I can control me. There's a good start. I can control how much I put into my business, which will determine how successful I am. And that I believe is where my happiness will start.

I'm reading Anne Geddes - A Labour of Love and a defining moment that ultimately sculptured where she is now was one New Years eve saying out loud to her friends, and she doesn't even know what prompted this to come out was " I am going to be the best known baby photographer in the world" Well She's done it. I wonder what her goal is now?

So here it is folks, my goal out loud.. and yes I'm going to say this out loud for real, because I think I need to hear myself say it to believe it and to feel it.

I am going to be a great, no, a fantastic portrait and wedding photographer. I will be a success.

I am confident, I am creative, I have good ideas and no one is going to tell me I can't do this. Something my parents have always believed in me is I can do anything I put my mind to. So I am putting my mind to it. So this is it, my pursuit of happiness starts here, and starts now.


2 comments:

Well done. The move forward to professional is first a decision, a thought that needs to permeate every inch of ones mind in order to make it a reality. This is what counts. The mind and attitude needs to be strong when you need them most. You have always had a very strong mind when you have vision. Lord help us all when you focus properly because you will be unstoppable. :-)

I have every faith in you Sam. I havent known you for long, but I just have a gut feeling about you. I would trust you with my wedding and family for photography. You go girl! :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds